Monday 19 August 2013

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD, also body dysmorphia is a type of mental illness,, wherein the affected person is concerned with body image, manifested as excessive concern  and preoccupation with a perceived defect of their physical features.

This happens to better part of us, I don't think there is anyone out there who is completely  satisfied when they look in the mirror.  The problem however comes when you start to criticize  every single part of you   Yes generally I try to be positive and keep a clear mind about every thing in my life but the toughest challenge that I'm yet to conquer is being pleased with my body. I don't remember a time in my life were I was comfortable in my own skin so is it silly for me to expect that in my adulthood it's going to happen for me? 

I have always said that I'm a good person and that's all that mattered. I'm getting to that point were I'm accepting the fact that I'm just one of those people who don't appreciate their physical appearance and it's not the end of the world. What I do love however, is my spirit and this personality that GOD put in me.

I believe GOD loves me regardless and the people in my life see me for who I am and not what I look like.  Oh don't get depressed there is a positive side to this for  instance: I don't go through life with the mentality that my looks are going to do the work for me. Everything that I want,  I know that I have to work for it.With that being said, I would love to experience what it feels like to love ones body/physical appearance. As much I hope for that day, I'm not going to kill myself over it. I shall keep living  and when that day comes I will gladly embrace it

I.praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.(Psalms 139 :14)

















2 comments: